Some of you want to know what a typical Toastmasters meeting looks like.
Here’s a sample Toastmasters agenda (it assumes a 12:05pm start with a roughly 1pm close (total of 55 minutes for the meeting)).
- 12:05pm: Opening Remarks by Toastmaster (including mention of who Timer & Gramarrian are)
- 12:10pm: Speaker 1: [fill in their name, topic and number of minutes planned for speech]
- 12:17pm: Speaker #2 [fill in their name, topic and number of minutes planned for speech]
- 12:24pm: Table-Topics Leader introduces themselves & calls upon a handful of people to give 1 to 2 minute table-topic speeches
- 12:43pm: Master Evaluator introduces themselves & the speech evaluators:
- 12:45pm: #1 Evaluator introduces themselves and evaluates Speaker #1
- 12:48pm: #2 Evaluator introduces themselves and evaluates Speaker #2
- 12:51pm: Timer does their report (recording the time of each speaker)
- 12:52pm: Grammarian does their report (reporting on the Uhs, Ahs, Likes, Ya-Knows, etc. that each spekaer made)
- 12:54pm: Master Evaluator/ Closing/ Announcements
For more on Toastmasters basics, check out My First Experience With Toastmasters.