Companies I Advise
I love advising the leadership teams of other businesses as long as they meet two main criteria:
- The CEO is a coachable rock-star.
- I’m excited about their business direction.
Here are a few companies I’ve advised:
- Hyperink — Want to create your own e-book? This YCombinator-funded business led by Kevin Gao takes your expertise and builds a professional e-book and traffic-generating Web site. Check out their Zen SAT Prep book for an example. Hyperink scored $1.2 million in funding from Andreesen, SV Angel, Lerer et all in October 2011.
- Inflection — Matthew & Brian Monahan, John Spottiswood et all are transforming the public records space through such brands as Archives and PeopleSmart. Check out Inflection’s first round of $30 million in funding and then the $100 million sale of just part of their business to Ancestry.com.
- Hot Topic Media — The #1 provider of dating and relationship advice through such brands as Double Your Dating, Catch Him And Keep Him and Have The Relationship You Want; we also have a sister company selling business training advice.
- International Orange — A terrific provider of Spa, Yoga, Massage & other betterment services and products through their San Francisco studio and online store. It was fun assisting founders Amy Darland and Melissa Ferst.
- Harmony Central — I assisted Wilson Chan & Scott Lehman on this #1 Internet resource for musicians (I also got to enter the Guinness Book of World Records for playing Twist and Shout for 55 minutes with 1,500 other guitarists in Nashville!).